California's clean energy economy is extensive and growing rapidly and by using Green Jobs California, a first-of-its kind green job portal, job seekers can explore and plan exciting green careers.
The site was designed to: inspire people to pursue a career within the green economy; connect them to the training they need; and expose them to online resources, including job boards, that they can use to land the job of their choice.
Targeted for students, job seekers and guidance counselors that want to join or learn more about the state's growing green economy, Green Jobs California features multimedia and online green career planning tools to simplify a process that can be overwhelming.
The comprehensive site includes the following resources:
- Multimedia profiles of three dynamic, Los Angeles-based green businesses that exemplify innovation
- Faces of Green Jobs, a mini-documentary showcasing the experiences of men and women working in solar energy, conservation, recycling, green building and sustainable fashion
- A digital version of EDF’s acclaimed Green Jobs Guidebook, an expansive, searchable listing of positions that includes job descriptions, salary ranges, education requirements and more
- A database of nearly 100 green training facilities in Los Angeles County, organized by institution and training type
- A green jobs resource portal that has links to blogs, reputable green job boards, partner organizations, and other resources
Since more than 3,500 existing green businesses are growing the state’s economy, and thousands of new jobs are resulting from California’s clean energy policies, there’s no better time to discover the opportunities that are part of this exciting and promising new industry.