Each month, the Energy Exchange rounds up a list of top clean energy conferences around the country. Our list includes conferences at which experts from the EDF Clean Energy Program will be speaking, plus additional events that we think our readers may benefit from marking on their calendars.
Top clean energy conferences featuring EDF experts in June:
June 16-20: New York Energy Week, New York City, NY
Speaker: Rory Christian, Director, New York Clean Energy
- New York Energy Week was founded by Energy Solutions Forum (ESF), an energy policy research and data company based in the New York City Accelerator for a Clean and Resilient Economy incubator, an anchor of New York’s energy startup community. New York Energy Week is an integral part of ESF’s founding mission to support investment and collaboration among the diverse sectors of the energy industry. The ongoing industry initiative culminates in a week of industry-generated events, all around New York City.
June 25: 2014 NAESCO Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting, Baltimore, MD
Speaker: John Finnigan, Senior Regulatory Attorney
- The NAESCO Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting is a forum for a candid appraisal of the winds buffeting the utility industry and their impact on the energy service industry. The meeting will consider whether, in the face of overall declining load growth as well as the need for improvements to existing infrastructure and expanded system resiliency, ensuring utility profitability may require major business model changes going forward. Also on the workshop agenda are sessions on upcoming changes in EPA regulatory oversight, the political landscape as mid-term elections change the profile of state and federal lawmakers, and major energy efficiency initiatives underway in the Mid-Atlantic states.
Other top clean energy conferences across the U.S. in June:
June 2-4: Utility of the Future Leadership Forum, Washington, DC
- This annual leadership forum is recognized for attracting leading executives from across the value chain who participate in its prestigious View from the Top panel, as well as contribute to discussions focusing on the most compelling topics facing our industry—from policy to use. Forum attendees enjoy unprecedented access to noted speakers and advisors through networking opportunities. Our 2014 agenda is being formed now and will include interactive sessions on: regulatory compliance, renewable integration, energy data analytics, and other topics driving transformation in this industry.
June 4-6: 24th Annual Energy Storage Conference, Washington, DC
- The energy storage industry continues to grow – and we are seeing new projects, policy, and opportunities at every turn. The 24th Annual Conference sits at the nexus of markets, policy, and the companies and individuals that are charting the path forward. With over 600 attendees, the conference brings together a global audience of key industry players to discuss this year’s focus “Energy Storage: Moving the Market”.
June 15-18: The 37th International Association for Energy Economics International Conference, New York City, NY
- The 37th IAEE International Conference will focus on the relationship between economic growth and energy. This relationship grows ever more important as economies around the world struggle to reinvigorate themselves and to develop energy resources in sensible, sustainable ways. Can economic growth be stimulated even with pressure to reduce if not forego certain forms of energy for environmental or safety reasons? Alternatively, can energy development be a major force that stimulates economic growth? What policy framework would maximize the contribution of energy to growth while encouraging efficient substitution of sustainable for less sustainable sources? Some of the very best minds in energy economics in the world will assemble for what promises to be one of the best and biggest IAEE Conferences ever.
June 19-20: Data Management & Analytics for Utilities 2014, San Diego, CA
- This two-day conference will bring together the top practitioners, thought leaders, technology providers, and consultants to delve into topics relating to the latest advances in data management and analytics in the energy and utilities sector. Each talk on the agenda is designed to offer insights and solutions to core challenges. Topics include using data from smart meters, cyber security, weather forecasting and modeling, and grid reliability.
June 24-25: Grid Edge Live 2014, San Diego, CA
- Simply put, Grid Edge defines the undeniable transition of the electric power industry into a next-generation, holistic, distributed energy system. Grid Edge Live will bring together an emerging ecosystem of power industry thought leaders, grid modernization technology vendors, distributed generation and storage professionals, national-and state-level policy experts and commercial energy managers to discuss the future of grid modernization.
June 25-26: 11th Renewable Energy Finance Forum, New York City, NY
- REFF-Wall Street is the premier renewable energy financing event in the U.S. Attendees of this event include CEOs and other senior company officials, lenders, investors, investment bankers, private equity investors, venture capitalists, and other top transactional professionals in renewable energy finance. Featuring the latest themes and topics under discussion across the U.S. renewable energy market, the agenda for 2014 will provide interactive discussions and comprehensive answers to ensure you can guarantee your projects produce their proposed financial returns.