New technology and fresh thinking are unlocking a raft of previously unattainable economic and environmental efficiencies in the commercial shipping industry. Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) has recently kicked off a new collaborative with logistics providers and shippers to glean and distribute knowledge of innovative trends. By making smarter decisions about mode matching, container utilization, collaborative distribution and network redesign, shippers can put their companies on a more sustainable path.
In the spirit of knowledge sharing, EDF and Greenbiz have partnered to host a Webcast with industry experts designed to discuss the strategies behind freight leading best practices, and we would like for you to join us.
SMART MOVES: Supply-Chain Decisions that Save Fuel, Cut Costs and Reduce Emissions
JUNE 13, 2012 AT 1:00 PM ET
In this free webcast, you’ll learn:
- New ways supply-chain logistics can meet corporate sustainability goals
- Creative solutions companies can implement to lower freight costs and pollution
- Actions some of the largest shippers are taking to increase freight carbon-efficiency
- Edgar Blanco, Research Director at the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics
- Jason Mathers, Project Manager, Environmental Defense Fund
- Stephen Silva, Senior VP Global Logistics at Hasbro
Register to join us for this Webcast.