Join leaders from businesses, environmental organizations and governments for a one-day, in-depth forum on safer chemicals in products. Learn how leading businesses are moving to safer chemicals in products and hear NGO perspectives on policies that can support that movement.
Register at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1655741367
Invitation to the 2nd Annual Business and NGO Policy Forum
Safer Chemicals in Products: Changing Markets and Policies
June 9, 2011
The Safer Chemicals in Products forum will gather leaders from businesses, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and governments to find common ground in the movement to use inherently safer chemicals in products. We will:
• Learn how business leaders are moving to safer chemicals: the tools, methods and programs they are adopting to transform product design.
• Discuss the needs of downstream users, including the need for better data, transparency in the supply chain and safer alternatives.
• Hear NGO perspectives on how chemicals policy reform can support the needs of downstream users of chemicals.
• Identify how public policy initiatives, such as the Toxic Substances Control Act reform, can support leading business initiatives and harmonize with existing regulations.
Speakers include …
• Kathy Gerwig, Vice President, Workplace Safety and Environmental Stewardship Officer, Kaiser Permanente
• Roger McFadden, Vice President, Staples
• Helen Holder, Corporate Materials Selection Manager, Hewlett-Packard
• Clive Davies, Chief, Design for the Environment Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Andy Igrejas, National Campaign Director, Safer Chemicals Healthy Families
• Robin Guenther, Principal, Perkins+Will
• Howard Williams, Vice President, Construction Specialties
• Mike Belliveau, Executive Director, Environmental Health Strategy Center
• Jason Saft, Manager, Vendor Programs, Becton Dickinson
• Jill Dumain, Director of Environmental Strategy, Patagonia [invited]
• Ben Dunham, Legislative Assistant and Counsel, Senator Frank R. Lautenberg
Topics include …
• Advancing Safer Chemicals through Purchasing: Best Practices
• Methods and Tools for Identifying Safer Chemicals
• Managing Chemicals in Products as a Manufacturer of Articles
• Modernizing our Flawed Chemical Safety System: Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Reform
• Safe Chemicals Act of 2011: Legislative Update