I thought you may be interested in this forum on the Toxic Substances Control ACT (TSCA) reform which features a keynote by EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.
Business and NGO Forum on Safer Chemicals Reform
June 3, 2010- Washington, D.C.
The Business and NGO Forum on Safer Chemicals Reform will gather business leaders and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Washington, D.C. to discuss how proposed federal legislation to overhaul the Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (TSCA) can meet the needs of and create new opportunities for downstream users of chemicals.
In examining the pending reform of federal chemical policy, the purpose of this forum is to:
- Hear the perspective of legislators, regulators and environmental public health advocates
- Discuss the needs of downstream users, including the need for better data and transparency regarding chemicals in the supply chain
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges that safer chemicals reform presents to downstream businesses, including the potential market advantage or disruption of transitioning away from chemicals of concern
- Explore the common policy interests among downstream users of chemicals, and between businesses and NGOs
Speakers include …
- Lisa P. Jackson, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency- Keynote
- Rachelle Wenger, Director, Public Policy & Community Advocacy, Catholic Healthcare West
- Roger McFadden, Vice President, Staples
- Robin Guenther, Principal, Perkins+Will
- Howard Williams, Vice President, Construction Specialties
- Jeffrey Hollender, Co-founder, Seventh Generation
- Ryan Williams, Good Cop, Method
- Richard Denison, Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Patricia Beattie, President, Arcalis Scientific (formerly Director, Chemical Risk Management, Environmental Services, General Motors)
To apply for participation http://www.saferchemicals.org/symposium_rsvp.html
Also, please join us for visits to Capitol Hill and the administration to share our business perspective on June 4, 2010 in Washington, D.C
For more information contact: